Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[DG] [DG11] No ruler feature?
05-21-19, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] No ruler feature?
I was recently forced to upgrade my ancient E80 chartplotter to an Axiom Pro. I've been generally pleased with the ease of use of the Axiom Pro. However, I'm totally gobsmacked to find that the ruler feature has been omitted in LH3! This is a very basic and essential tool for doing any navigational chartwork. I've never come across an app or software that doesn't have it. From looking back at old threads it looks like LH2 had that feature but somehow it was lost in LH3?
At the moment I'm using my ipad running Navionics to do distance and bearing measurements between 2 points.
Please could you add this to the request list but with some urgency.
I look forward to hearing that it is in the LH revision.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-19, 10:58 AM
RE: [DG11] No ruler feature?
Hi Rawlie,

The Ruler feature was a tool in the LH2 operating system, but was omitted from LH3 in AXIOM due to public feedback requesting other features as a priority instead of the Ruler. We are very aware the Ruler feature needs to be added back into LH3 and will do so as soon as is practicable. We cannot advise a date for this update due to multiple other requests which are being developed through our engineering teams.

We recommend you keep an eye on the Raymarine website for information about future updates,

Regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply