Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Waypoint Names
05-21-19, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 08:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Waypoint Names
Why do some of my route waypoints have names like Waypoint 147 whereas one, for example, is named d3015a480012289a. Where did this come from.? It clutters the charts.

Is there any easy way of renaming all these long names?

Is there any way of displaying a route but hiding its Waypoint names?

Also Waypoint should be abbreviated WPT in the interest of cutting back on clutter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-19, 08:40 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Waypoint Names
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Carl,

Q1. Why do some of my route waypoints have names like Waypoint 147 whereas one, for example, is named d3015a480012289a. Where did this come from.?
A1. You may hold the answer to this question. How was the waypoint created? Was it imported into the MFD from a navigational planning application, or was it created via the MFD's user interface (i.e. via the create waypoint feature, manual create route feature, or the autorouting feature)? Early LightHouse 3 software had a feature which would create such random character strings when importing data. This has since been corrected within LightHouse 3 software. If the waypoints in question were imported, then it is recommended that they be deleted, that the MFD's software be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update, and that the original GPX file then be used to import the data again.

Q2. Is there any easy way of renaming all these long names?
A2. See the response to Q1. Via the MFD's user interface, it is only possible to change these names individually via the waypoint editor feature. Planning tools such as GPS utility can make changes to large numbers of waypoints a fairly simple process.

Q3. Is there any way of displaying a route but hiding its Waypoint names?
A3. Waypoint names may be hidden/shown via the command sequence from MENU->SETTINGS->ADVANCED->WAYPOINT NAMES->OFF/ON from within the Chart application.
05-21-19, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 12:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Answer to question three. I can hide all the Waypoint names. When I select a route it’s name and Waypoint symbol show up. Cuts back on clutter. Thanks. Just what I wanted.
05-21-19, 12:11 PM
You're welcome.