Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] UAV with Axiom
05-21-19, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-19 03:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] UAV with Axiom
Hi,

I have a doubt about the conection between the MFD and the remote control of my drone, The model is the DJI MAVIC PRO, if I conect the card reader on the MFD, Can I use the card reader as a extension? Can I use the USB port to conect the cable of my remote control with Axiom XL?

Thanks in advance.

Felipe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-19, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-19 03:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] UAV with Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Felipe,

Q1. if I conect the card reader on the MFD, Can I use the card reader as a extension?
A1. Negative. The UAV remote's USB cable must be plugged directly into the MFD's USB port. Raymarine is presently considering introduction of a USB extension which would terminate in a bulkhead jack (only for use with the UAV remote).

Q2. Can I use the USB port to conect the cable of my remote control with Axiom XL?
A2. Negative.
05-24-19, 07:44 AM
In that case we have 4 Axiom XL and it's really hard open the panel all the time to connect the USB cable, Have you ever seen something to solve this problem?
05-24-19, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-19 08:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Felipe,

Q. Have you ever seen something to solve this limitation?
A. Until such time as Raymarine introduces an extension, only option would be to leave the UAV remote's USB cable connected to the USB port of one of the MFDs.
05-24-19, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 10:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Maybe try something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Connectors-Connec...B07KGD2G3P
05-28-19, 10:24 AM
Noted.