Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Flir m132 -clear cruise feature
05-22-19, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-19 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Flir m132 -clear cruise feature
I am running a ES128 updated to the new LH3 software. I have a m132 and it is working fine. My question is, when I turn on Object Detection- it is tracking the objects but the distance is always "0" why? I have "display estimate range" enabled....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-19, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-19 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Flir M132 - Clear Cruise feature, ranges show as 0
Hello rltrbill,

I've seen this when the camera mounting height wasn't set up. Try going into Menu > Setup > Camera Motion > Camera height above waterline and changing the current height calibration slightly. Even if the current value is correct, try changing this 0.1 foot/metre then back again, just to make sure that that setting is saved. If that doesn't solve the problem, and the display's running v3.9.46 software, come back to me.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-28-19, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-19 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Flir m132 -clear cruise feature
Thanks for the reply. I just went out and tried to do as suggested. I don’t have that “camera motion” option in my menu.... I just updated (about 3 weeks ago) to LH3 so I know it is current. Please see the attached photos of what my menu has....
05-29-19, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-19 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hmm. You should have 'Camera Motion' in between 'ClearCruise' and 'Page Settings'. This menu is where you turn on/off the Surveillance Scan, for example, and has been incorporated in the software from very early on in LH3.

The menus are dynamically-generated depending on what hardware is detected and what other configuration options are chosen, and we have come across cases where they might not be correctly displayed after a software update. I would suggest backing up all of your data and settings (Home > My Data > Import/Export > Save My Data / Save Settings) and then doing a factory reset (Settings > This Display > Factory Reset) and see whether the menu appears correctly then.

Would you mind coming back to me to let me know whether this solves the problem, either way?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-29-19, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-19 09:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
No problem. I will back up my data and do a reset and let you know. I was planning on it anyway because the Sirius 150 is causing some random re-boots.

I have a es128(set as master) and es98(slave)- do I only reset the master? Both? If so, what order? They were both updated to LH3 at the same time and NOT factory reset.....
05-30-19, 11:37 AM
(05-29-19 01:28 AM)Tom - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hmm. You should have 'Camera Motion' in between 'ClearCruise' and 'Page Settings'. This menu is where you turn on/off the Surveillance Scan, for example, and has been incorporated in the software from very early on in LH3.

The menus are dynamically-generated depending on what hardware is detected and what other configuration options are chosen, and we have come across cases where they might not be correctly displayed after a software update. I would suggest backing up all of your data and settings (Home > My Data > Import/Export > Save My Data / Save Settings) and then doing a factory reset (Settings > This Display > Factory Reset) and see whether the menu appears correctly then.

Would you mind coming back to me to let me know whether this solves the problem, either way?

Regards,
Tom
05-30-19, 11:39 AM
[quote='Tom - Raymarine - Moderator' pid='30056' dateline='1559111288']
Hmm. You should have 'Camera Motion' in between 'ClearCruise' and 'Page Settings'. This menu is where you turn on/off the Surveillance Scan, for example, and has been incorporated in the software from very early on in LH3.

Regards,
Tom

[/quot

I did the reset as instructed and have the same result...no option For camera motion... as you can see in the attached photo- distance still reading 0
06-03-19, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 07:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ah. That will be the problem. I was assuming that you had Axiom displays. I'm sorry to say that ClearCruise AR is Axiom-only, it won't run on LH3 on eS or gS hardware (see http://www.raymarine.com.au/clearcruise/).

I am not involved in the development, but I assume this is a processing limitation: I know it's been a struggle to get LH3 running with a useful feature-set on the older hardware, and AR is quite processing-intensive.

Sorry about that,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.

06-03-19, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 07:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ok.... so I’m. Guessing the distance portion is considered AR? The yellow brackets are there around the nonwater objects, it just shows the distance as “0”.
06-05-19, 10:00 PM
Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of another question I've also been dealing with.

You should see that menu and the camera setup options, what I think after all that you're suffering from is a problem we're seeing quite a lot after recent software upgrades, which are a range of unpredictable and intermittent software issues which include missing menu items.

I would suggest:
1. Backing up all of your user data and settings to a MicroSD card in Home > My Data > Import/Export > Save My Data / Save Settings
2. Doing a Factory Reset through Home > Settings > This Display.

Could you let me know the outcome of whether this solves the problem or not?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.