Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Rudder Damping on EV-200
06-11-19, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-19 08:03 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Rudder Damping on EV-200
Hello,

Is the Rudder Damping still adjustable on the EV-200? I have the EV-200 system with ACU-200, EV-1, P70R, with an Octopus Type R with Rudder Reference sensor installed on my 18 foot bowrider with an I/O. While trolling at 2mph, it seems sometimes the autopilot is working against itself. It will turn 1/2-3/4 turn to port, then immediately 1/2-3/4 turn to starboard without ever re-centering or allowing the boat to react before it corrects again. This causes the boat to "S" through the water."

I have moved the EV-1 sensor core to a location with 8 degrees of deviation and reset the compass and performed the dockside wizard. It does a pretty good job of keeping the boat straight, but as mentioned above, it certainly works against itself. In searching, I found the FAQ that suggests increasing the Rudder Damping by going to Menu > Auto Pilot Calibration > Drive Settings > Rudder Damping but when I go in that menu I don't have the option. Was this adjustment removed?

Regards,

Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-19, 08:09 AM
RE: [DG11] Rudder Damping on EV-200
Hi Bob
Thank you for your enquiry.

The rudder damping option becomes available in calibration if you unlock the pilot calibration.

Using the p70r control unit, access SET-UP/ AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION/ VESSEL SETTINGS/ CALIBRATION LOCK, turn Calibration lock OFF and then return to AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION/ DRIVE SETTINGS and you will find RUDDER DAMPING is now accessible.

Regards

Derek
06-13-19, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-19 07:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Awesome, thanks for your reply Derek. I will try this tonight.
06-13-19, 11:17 AM
HI Bob,
You are welcome
Thanks
Derek