The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets
05-24-19, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-19 09:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets
I have an AIS 650 interfaced to an es127 via SeatalkNG and to a Standard Horizon GX2000 via NMEA0183. Both used to work very well, but I have seen numerous occasions in the last few weeks (coming from Panama to Florida) where all AIS targets disappear from display on both devices and don't reappear for several minutes or hours. The boat's AIS data continues to be transmitted during that time (as reported by other vessels). Any ideas on how to fully diagnose / correct the issue, or is it time to replace the unit?

MFD and AIS are on latest software.

Connecting to the AIS 650 with ProAIS2 is normally fine, but I get "USB Device not recognized" on the PC when I plug in the USB cord when it is not displaying targets.

Cycling power on the AIS unit generally causes targets to be displayed again when it powers up.

Thank you,

Tim

Tim Goodyear
SV Mojito
Currently Key West, FL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets - timgoodyear - 05-24-19 10:37 AM