Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets
06-08-19, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-19 09:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the response - I had a chance to try out some things on the way from FL to SC.

<Does the AIS appear in the eS127's SeatalkNG device list>
- Yes, it appears in the device list, and the diagnostics information looks fine (if minimal)
<What does the AIS's LED show, at the time the problem occurs?>
- I still need to work on this one; the AIS is installed behind a panel that is a pain to remove when offshore. I will relocate the AIS unit to be accessible before we set off on another offshore leg on Wednesday
<Does the AIS work with the PC over USB the rest of the time?>
- Yes, no problems with connecting at other times
<If you disconnect the STNG, does the NMEA0183 work?>
Per the second question, I can't easily make that happen at present, but will devise an environment where I can later this week

The AIS is connected over SeatalkNG and is sending data over 0183 to a Standard Horizon GX2000 for display. It isn't connected to receive 0183 data. This setup had been working fine for two years, but is no longer reliable. I see the issue when motoring (battery voltage at 13.6V or above) or sailing (typically 12.4V minimum after an overnight passage). I'll try the voltage measurement as well.

My only other thought is an intermittent antenna issue, but every time I test with ProAIS2, the SWR is good, and I don't have receive / transmit problems with the VHF using the same antenna. I have a second antenna on a stern arch - obviously with less overall range than masthead. It seems to be worse all round (range and clarity) than the masthead.

Any other thoughts / diagnosis tips?

Many thanks,

Tim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets - timgoodyear - 06-08-19 12:12 PM