Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Racemaster t070
05-27-19, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 02:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Racemaster t070
Hi guys, have a Racemaster t070 software version U14.0that has a compass problem it constantly will get stuck and show 234 as the heading, all the other system options work perfectly so just wondering if there is a registered fix or if their is a repair facility available i am based in Perth Western Australia and can to ship the unit to a overseas repair facility

Thank you in anticipation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-19, 08:01 PM
RE: [TG11] Racemaster t070
Hello micheled,

I'm sorry to say that I suspect that the fluxgate compass sensor has a broken winding. Fluxgates use a number of fine wire windings and over time and particularly after a sharp knock they can get brittle breaks which result in a static heading reading. This is one of the reasons we've moved away from fluxgates as the heading sensor in our Evolution autopilot range, but their solid-state MEMS heading technology hasn't yet flowed down to standalone instruments such as the Race Master.

The wireless (Tacktick) instrument range were designed as hermetically sealed, submersible but non-serviceable units. People do sometimes attempt to open them up and service them, but since they weren't designed to be opened and resealed there are no spares available and we would not expect it to be practical to reseal it afterwards.

What we'd recommend instead is that you book it in and get it back to our service centre in Sydney, where a reduced-price replacement can be processed (in lieu of repair.)

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply