Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clarification on c120 nmea 2k
05-17-16, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-16 12:55 PM by swadeab.)
clarification on c120 nmea 2k
Hi, i have a mix of old and new. c120 dsm250, 4kw analog radar (c compatible), and dragonfly 7. I also have a 2k network for etecs and icommand gauges supplied with gps from a lgc3000 puck since the dragonfly 7 dopesn’t do nmea2k out.

My question is really simple, but the mfd is old but still very useful and threads on this are very varied over the years.

With the 2006 firmware update for classic c120 it says: NMEA2000 support for engine data

What cable do i need to run between the c120 to connect to my 2k network (this is the current red connectors...not the old lowrance blue). Will that work? Do you know if it does work, will the lgc3k supply gps to the c120 without relying on the external raystar 120?

thanks!
swade
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-16, 01:49 PM
RE: clarification on c120 nmea 2k
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Swade,

Please note that Raymarine MFDs should not be interfaced to an engine manufacturer's backbone. Instead, the powered and properly terminated marine electronics SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone and engine system backbone should be isolated from one another via a NMEA 2000 engine gateway(s) should one be available for your vessel's engine system. Raymarine does not offer a SeaTalk2 to Lowrance Spur Adapter Cable. However, an A06048 SeaTalk2 to SeaTalkng Adapter Cable may be spliced to a Lowrance spur cable.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to interface a C-Series Classic MFD to a NMEA 2000 engine system. This FAQ addresses multiple data sources with the A/C/E-Series Classic MFDs as well.
05-17-16, 03:08 PM
Thank you based on that information and other sources, that confirmed
what was needed. Apologies for missing that faq, i had just searched again and found it right before your reply ...but your reply filled in more information. Thanks!
05-17-16, 04:03 PM
You're welcome.