Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[DG] [DG11] Non repairable?
05-29-19, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-19 03:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Non repairable?
Good morning peeps.....just come off the phone from the Raymarine service center down in Portsmouth as I was asking for the procedure for sending my Dragonfly 6 off for repair (It's stopped working, but getting power at the multi plug as I checked it on the weekend). The lady on the phone said they are non repairable and I would need a complete new unit!...she then said it would have to be an upgrade to the 7 series as they have none to source anywhere!....please tell me this isn't correct?
I have read on this forum and others, of units being sent off for testing and repair or is this option only Stateside?
TIA
Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-19, 09:35 AM
RE: [DG11] Non repairable?
Hi Jeff,

Raymarine have an ongoing and constant programme of product development and strive to deliver to our customers the best level of product features we can achieve.

The Dragonfly 6 was retired 2 years ago and replaced with the PRO range, which is currently under retirement in favour of the Element range recently launched.

The Dragonfly 6 is not generally repairable, however if it is sent to our service workshops, we can determine if we can restart the unit to make it operational, if not we can discuss what alternatives could be offered as a potential replacement.

Regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply