Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Mixing i70s with legacy Multifunctiion display
06-01-19, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-19 09:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Mixing i70s with legacy Multifunctiion display
I just purchased but have not yet installed a new i70s display. Existing system works well with 2 ST80 Multifunction displays, ES75, new evolution auto pilot with ACU 100 and legacy sensors. Question is will I create a conflict by keeping one of the ST80 displays. Also, will I have to change all of my calibrations such as depth offset or will the new i70s accept the existing settings.
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-19, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-19 09:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Mixing i70s with legacy Multifunctiion display
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Ric,

As indicated within your first post to this Forum, the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter has not been designed and tested for use with ST80 products. Accordingly, the performance of the system cannot be predicted or guaranteed should the ST80 products remain within a system. While no electrical harm to the equipment may be expected with the ST80 products within the system, communications may be adversely affected. That said, you have achieved a level of success to date and your chances of continued success may well continue with the addition of an i70S MFID to the system. If you move ahead with the i70S MFID, I would that expect to be necessary to change all of my calibrations such as depth offset and would expect that the i70S would simply repeat data from the legacy instruments.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply