Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Which Multifunction Display and Sonar?
06-04-19, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-19 10:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Which Multifunction Display and Sonar?
I am looking to replace a 15 year old and failing Furuno chartplotter and sonar on my centre console based in the Bahamas, with a Raymarine system, but i find the choice bewildering!
This is complicated as i live in the UK, the Raymarine range and pricing here is not the same as in the US, and there are no "dealers" in the Bahamas where our boat is.
I need a really simple and cost efficient MFD chartplotter and chart that cover the Bahamas, together with a sonar/inducer set up that will allow me to follow the 200ft to 600ft drop off, find the bottom in 1000ft of water, and show the bottom structure well in <200ft.
What does anyone recommend?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-19, 06:26 AM
RE: [DG11] Which Multifunction Display and Sonar?
Hi Rumrunner,
Thankyou for your enquiry.

There are many options, but based on the sonar spec, we would suggest the CP370 sonar module with a 1kW high performance transducer - something like the B258 through hull transducer E66082 would be suitable.

This could be connected to an AXIOM RV Display via RayNet, which also can have a direct connect RealVision transducer, giving you excellent downvision performance using an RV Style transducer.

You will need to decide what size screen you want and also whether you want to have touch screen only (AXIOM RV range ) or Hybrid of Touchscreen and keypad (AXIOM PRO RVX range)

Regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply