Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] {CA11] Raster Brazil
06-04-19, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-19 10:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
{CA11] Raster Brazil
Hi,

If I download a raster chart directly from Navy website from Brazil, How Can I setup my Axiom to read this files? I tried directly on the root of my MicroSD and the MFD did not reconigze the file. If I download directly from Raymarine website the extension is different, a file .rx5 so the MFD reconize this file.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-19, 11:01 AM
RE: {CA11] Raster Brazil
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum engenharia2,

Q1. If I download a raster chart directly from Navy website from Brazil, How Can I setup my Axiom to read this files?
A1. It is not possible for the MFD to do so. MFDs running LightHouse II and LightHouse 3 software are exclusively compatible with LightHouse Charts (to include the recently introduced NC2 Charts), Navionics charts, and C-Map Charts. Raymarine’s web siteRaymarine's Charts Store offers free raster charts for Brazilian waters.
06-05-19, 11:40 AM
Chuck,

Thank you for the fast reply.

One more question, If I send to Raymarine our files to update a certain area of the Brazilian Coast, this area was totally changed with a new port and the area is outdated (Sorry I don't know if outdated is the correct word in english). What do you think? Is it possible to update?

thanks in advance
06-05-19, 01:19 PM
engenharia2,

The charts need not be sent. Should you find a discrepancy between the currently available Brazil raster charts from the Charts Store and those available from Brazil's hydrographic office, then please attach a screen snapshot of the affected area via the MFD and a screen snapshot from a computer showing the same area. Please additional annotate or describe the discrepancy.