Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Additional use for EV1 AHRS
06-04-19, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-19 09:57 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Additional use for EV1 AHRS
Given the capability of the EV1, it should be able to generate the current heel angle value and graphic of a heel gauge on an Axiom Sailing Dashboard App. It could probably be done with the 3-axis accelerometers, if the boat was assumed to be level at EV1 power up. The magnetometers could help find level/gravity vector.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-19, 10:03 AM
RE: [DG11] Additional use for EV1 AHRS
Hi Dan,

Thankyou for your enquiry.

The Heel angle is currently displayed as ROLL on our current i70 and AXIOM MFDs, these are configurable as custom screens.

Does this help?
Thanks
Derek
06-05-19, 07:40 PM
Ahhh...awesome. I over look d that data item. So it looks like it cannot be displayed as a data overlay on the chart app, only on the pages in the Dashboard App. Correct?
Thank You
Dan
06-06-19, 04:23 AM
Dear Dan_Y,

Thank you for your response.

This is correct, this data is only available on the dashboard page and not as a data box overlay on the chart app.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-10-19, 08:30 PM
The Roll angle function worked well on the sailing dashboard app on my Axiom 9 with LH 3.9. It gives me an idea what the heel limit is for motor sailing and sailing best performance.

I noticed when I selected a few other of the dozens of data items, they are updated on the Axiom at what appears to be a network update rate of the EV-1. For example, the rate of turn data item flickers through numbers so fast that it’s unreadable. It’s not that I use that data item much, but is there anyway to damp the display or reduce the update rate of the displayed item, like one can do on the I60 for wind speed?
Thanks
Dan
07-11-19, 11:06 AM
Hi Dan_Y

Thank you for your enquiry,

The data in the AXIOM is generally unfiltered with the exception of wind, the data from the EV1 is 10Hz and has that priority on the network, currently there are no plans to facilitate damping of that data.

I have forwarded this request to our engineering team for future consideration.
Regards
Derek