Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Simplifying Using Routes in Axiom
07-06-19, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-19 03:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Simplifying Using Routes in Axiom
I like using routes that I have previously laid out and stored.

Once I have traversed a route successfully I store it and use it over and over again. Why reinvent the wheel? Or the route? However, I like to hide all the routes so my chart is uncluttered except the one I am following. Even with the latest Axiom software it is not as simple as it could be to select a route, show iits direction arrows. The software is set up so that you can go to the list of routes three ways but each way is different and not complete.

Here is what I think would make everything much simpler. For example, use the “Go” function to get the list of routes. When you see the list on the left hand side of your screen it would be better if you could tap the route you want and have that previously hidden route shown on the right hand screen. As it is now it will not show the selected route. Then looking at the route you can decide whether you need to “reverse” it or not. Then decide to “follow” it. Easy and all in one screen!

One more thing! On the right hand screen, I would allow the user to touch the waypoint on the route that he want to start following the selected route. Essentially, a “start from this waypoint” function. This would cut back on the need to use the “advance waypoint” whenever you want to start in the middle of the a selected route.

I think I would also eliminate the “waypoints, routes, tracks” function as a way of getting to the waypoint, routes and tracks. Consolidate it on to the “Go” function. It is redundant for the “go” function.

Maybe there is a way to do all this now but I could not find it.

Thanks for considering this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-19, 03:48 PM
RE: [CA11] Simplifying Using Routes in Axiom
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Carl,

Thanks for the product feedback and feature addition / modification. A feature request will be logged to consider this feature addition / modification for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply