Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 Routes with Smart Pilot Wireless
06-06-19, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-19 08:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 12 Routes with Smart Pilot Wireless
Hi,

I have a new Raymarine system including Axiom 12 and Evolution AP. However, I kept my old wireless smartpilot controller. The issue I have is with routes, and inconsistent performance. When I advance to the next waypoint from the MFD, sometimes the MFD askes for confirmation, and sometimes the smart controller asks. Sometimes the smart controller just jumps to the next waypoint with no notification from the MFD. It does work, but how it work either wayt but it's erratic and inconsistent. Can you please provide some advice on how to correct this.

thank you,

Tim Holley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-19, 09:12 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 Routes with Smart Pilot Wireless
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tim,

Within systems featuring an Axiom MFD, a S100 or SmartController, and/or an autopilot control head it would be advised that at any waypoint's arrival, that only one of the following devices be used to acknowledge the waypoint's arrival and to acknowledge the new heading:
- the MFD via the Chart application and Autopilot Controls feature
- the autopilot control head
- the S100 or SmartController

Of the items listed above, I personally favor such that acknowledgements via an autopilot control head, S100, or SmartController, as it requires fewer button presses. To be more precise, at each waypoint's arrival, once the arrival alarm has sounded on the autopilot control head, S100, or SmartController, then simply press the Track function key twice.
06-14-19, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-19 10:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck, The MFD only randomly allows confirmation of the new AP heading - normally just the first few waypoints along a route. When it does work, we prefer it since it allows everything to be done from a single location and also the option of heading directly to the waypoint vs along the track. I tried unplugging the smart controller but then then again after a few waypoints are confirmed by the MFD, the MFD stops providing this function and the autopilot control head needs to be used to confirm the new waypoint/heading. The MFD should work consistently along all waypoints in the route, not just the first few. Can you give me any suggestions on how I might be able to get this working ?

thank you
06-18-19, 09:11 AM
Tim,

We haven't been receive any similar reports. Are you running LH3 v3.9.46 software within the MFD(s), and if so, did you perform a Power On Factory Reset to each of the system's MFDs following the software update. If the update and reset have not been performed, then please do so accordingly. Finally, was the problem able to be duplicated afterwards? If so, then please attach the system's Product Info and logs to your response:
- the system's Ethernet and SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 device data (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO->SAVE DATA)
- the MFD's logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE LOGS)
- the MFD's system logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE SYSTEM LOGS)