Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Integrate ev150 and c120
06-07-19, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-19 10:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Integrate ev150 and c120
Hello,
I have a c120 display which has fishfinder, gps, and radar. I also have a non working s2g autopilot which is not working.
I plan on purchasing a ev-150 autopilot minus hydraulic pump (i will use pump from original unit).
My questing is compatibility with the c120 I have.
What do I need to do or purchase to connect new autopilot to the c120?
This boat is new to me and I have hi idea how anything is connected currently.
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-19, 10:51 AM
RE: [CA11] Integrate ev150 and c120
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Fender,

Should you find yourself getting in over your head, it would be recommended that a Certified Raymarine Installer be contacted to perform the installation.

Should a 12V Type 1 Hydraulic Pump presently be installed onboard, then the T70407 EV-150 Power Pilot Core Pack would indeed be the correct Evolution autopilot to replace the S2G autopilot course computer, control head, and fluxgate compass. Unfortunately, the latest SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter software in conjunction with the latest Evolution autopilot software will not permit the C120 to send navigational data to the autopilot. According, it would be necessary to use an Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device to interface the MFD to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which will network the Evolution autopilot components to one another. To do so, the NMEA 0183 input leads of the NGW-1-ISO-STNG will be interfaced the NMEA 0183 output leads of the MFD's NMEA 0183 Cable (supplied with the C120). The spur cable of the NGW-1-ISO-STNG will then be used to connect it to an available spur socket within the aforementioned backbone.
06-11-19, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-19 01:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you!
If I read this correctly, If I use the Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device, and connect as you have described, then I would have control of the autopilot with my C120? Also, could you please list the part numbers to set up theSeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Again, thank you for the help.
06-11-19, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-19 01:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Fender,

I believe that you have correctly understood my response to understood my response to specify that that autopilot will receive navigation data from the MFD to support the autopilot's Track mode feature. However, this does not mean that you will be able to use the MFD's Autopilot Controls feature. The autopilot must be commanded into and out of its Standby, Auto, and Track modes via the autopilot's control head. The SeaTalkng networking components required to interface the autopilot components to one another and to power the backbone are included within the T70407 EV-150 Power Pilot Core Pack. The included networking components feature four spur sockets ... just enough to interface the autopilot components to one another. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how additional spur sockets may be added to the backbone. A complete list of Raymarine's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 networking components and their part numbers may be found here.