Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11]Other Boat Speed source for ST-60
06-10-19, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-19 03:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11]Other Boat Speed source for ST-60
I've got ST-60 displays, an e7D MFD, and ST-STng convertor bridging the ST-60s and the e7D. I'm thinking of replacing the ST-800 speed transducer that is currently connected directly to the ST-60 with an ultrasonic speed/temp sensor. The new sensor would be added to the N2K/STng side of things. If I disconnect the ST-800 from the ST-60 display will the display now pick up the speed from the new sensor and display it?

Rob Franks
Catalina 310 #31
Santa Cruz, CA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-19, 03:36 PM
RE: [CA11]Other Boat Speed source for ST-60
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum marchem,

ST60/ST60+ Speed and Tridata instruments can indeed repeat STW data from the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 network. Please refer to the Intermediate Calibration menu of the instrument's handbook for information concerning how to configure the instrument as a Speed repeater rather than a Speed master.
06-13-19, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-19 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks! Does Raymarine sell an ultrasonic replacement for the ST800, or would I have to buy a third party one that has N2K output?

Rob Franks
Catalina 310 #31
Santa Cruz, CA
06-17-19, 09:48 AM
Rob,

While Raymarine i50 Speed and Tridata instruments, as well as other Raymarine products, may repeat speed data from such sensors, they cannot calibrate Airmar's Utrasonic Speed Through Water Sensors. To interface the Airmar's Utrasonic Speed Through Water Sensor to Raymarine equipment, the Utrasonic Speed Through Water Sensor and the Raymarine product will each be interfaced as individual spurs to the marine electronics system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.