Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tide and Current Information
05-17-16, 11:59 PM
Tide and Current Information
I note the moderator says you need Navionics+ to get Tide/Current. I have it and on my iPad it shows Navionics+ with 453 days left in my subscription. I sync to my a95 plotter, no problem..

Soooo, why can't I see the Tide/Current information on the A95 as I have the data purchased

Thank you,

Rick Segal
S/V Tessie Marie, Campbell River, BC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-16, 09:57 AM
RE: Tide and Current Information
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

Not only must one have a Navionics NAV+ / Upgrade / Platinum Plus or C-Map Essentials / 4D chart card in the MFD's memory card reader, but also the Chart type being viewed must be nautical charts from one of these chart cards. Tide and current data cannot be displayed when the Chart application page/pane being viewed has been configured to display LightHouse Charts. Raymarine MFDs are not designed to display Navionics cartography served from a mobile device running the Navionics Boating app ... i.e. one of the aforementioned Navionics or C-Map chart cards must be present within the reader of one of the MFDs within the Raymarine system.
05-19-16, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-16 11:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the welcome and response. I'm not sure (well, I'm positive) that I understand the quoted part of your reply. Maybe the better way for me to ask the question is given that I own the products you've mentioned, where on the plotter do I configure it properly. I've found the overlays, have the user inputs, etc. turned on.

Is there someplace in the configuration where i tell the plotter to use the right charts?

Thanks again for assisting me. Great stuff, Raymarine!

Rick
05-19-16, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-16 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rick,

Per the prior response, a compatible Navionics or C-Map chart card must be present within the MFD's memory card reader and the Chart application page/pane being viewed must be configured (MENU->PRESENTATION->CHART SELECTION) to view data from the Navionics or C-Map chart card which is present within the MFD's memory card reader. Tide and current data will be on the Nautical rather than Sonar charts ... the latter are to be used exclusively for their contour data in conjunction with fishing. Please click here to view a FAQ providing additional information on this subject.
05-19-16, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-16 12:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ok, understood. I need to reconfigure the micro-sd cards on the device, got it.. Sometimes the blindingly obvious escapes me. Comes with the glorious aging process.

Thank you, sir.
05-19-16, 12:40 PM
You're welcome.
05-19-16, 07:55 PM
Navionics Tide and Current Information a95 Success
Chuck (and all),

I got all of the charts/tides/etc. to work. Before coming up with my next dumb question, I thought I would document this for the next newbie who comes along.

Here are a few key points that are important.

1. The display between the mobile App (iPad in my case) is different. If you are looking for the same tide marker or current, they are not the same on the plotter and the mobile app.

2. Tide/Current is not "turned on" via any settings. Once the plotter correctly reads the right stuff, it just is there.

3. Triple key point: You have to select the Sonar Chart not the "Navionics" when you are picking the chart to use. On LH v 17, it is below the Navionics basic and for me, I just didn't make the connection that there are two different chart sets to look at. Choose the right one and bob's yer uncle.

To make it all work, well, that's another story that's important.

First, if you happen to have two flavors Navionics Plus and the Platinum pack, only put one in the plotter. Yeah, right? What happens (happened to me) is the a95 simply didn't recognize there was an enhanced product in the device and no advanced options or such came up onto my system. So:

1. Using the Navionics system on your Mac/PC, make sure the mSD it sees shows your active subscription in the upper right hand corner.

2. With the device off, pop the mSD into the a95 and boot up.

3. Look carefully at the screen before you hit the confirm button. You should see the same subscription expiration date as what you saw on the PC when you activated/checked your card.

4. Hit the confirm and when you can check the chart selection, same thing, look to see that the expiry of you data is there. If it says you subscription isn't activated, power down, take the mSD out, and go through the PC update again. I did and that solved the problem.

5. Once you have all that, you can turn on the advanced 3d and whatever else. For currents it's the diamond with a C and Tides, T in the Time, select it and you'll get the data you expect.

I hope this helps the next person out there trying to make the Navionics and a95 MFD work to the max potential.

Fair Winds all.

Rick Segal
S/V Tess Marie, Campbell River, BC
05-20-16, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-16 08:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rick,

We're glad to learn that you identified issues which had prevented you from viewing tide and current data. Thanks for the detailed response.