Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighthouse II map faded to black.
06-08-16, 07:52 PM
Lighthouse II map faded to black.
In tracking down another problem on my a98, the Raymarine tech download the newest v17 software in hopes its would be software corrected.

All seemed fine for about 2 days, then the lines on the Heartland map began to blur, depth contours disappeared and the new map shifting into view was pure black. Eventually NO MAP at all.

I had to return to the Basic Map.

Do i need to purchase a new updated map? Is Lighthouse a subscriptions service?
Jim...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-16, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-16 08:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Lighthouse II map faded to black.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

When the Chart application's Select Chart feature (MENU->PRESENTATION->CHART SELECTION) is commanded, it will present a list of charts including detailed description of the chart (see below). Please respond with all information contained within the Description field of the selected chart. Please additionally respond with the coordinates of the location being viewed.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=302]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-10-16, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-16 01:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sad RE: Lighthouse II map faded to black.
I think the subscription ran out, thus the fade. I understand what you posted.
I just download to a new SD card, new maps. I will insert the new card in slot 2.
Will have to leave that card inserted to have the maps or can I transfer it to SD 1?
Jim...
06-13-16, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-16 01:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Jim,

It is not necessary to have a current subscription to display LightHouse Charts. Per the prior response, should
- the MFD's memory card reader slot(s) be operational, and
- a chart card which has been properly populated with LightHouse Charts be present within the MFD's memory card reader, and
- you have selected those charts to be used within the Chart application page/pane being viewed, and ,
- the Chart application page/pane be centered within a location covered by the LightHouse Charts stored on the microSD memory card, then they should be displayed by the MFD.

If not, then please respond with all information contained within the Description field of the selected chart within the Chart Selection dialog. Please additionally respond with the chart coordinates of the location where you are reporting an problem. Finally, as a picture is worth a thousand words, attach to your post a screen snapshot of the MFD's Chart application when showing the reported symptom.
07-08-16, 08:25 AM
Thumbs Down RE: Lighthouse II map faded to black.
Sorry for the delay in response, you have been very helpful.
I got the new Lighthouse 2016 charts, populated the card, installed the new maps and everything is working perfectly.

I have learned how to save the "screen shot", but the problem has not repeated.

My only guess, for others....
My old SD2 card had both old maps and old Software version 14.
It reloaded 14 over new version 17. The Local RayTech took out my SD2 and gave to me, while running down another problem, he loaded the new 17.
I noticed my maps were missing. Inserted my SD2 back to reload the maps. Then the a98 begin the reload of Old 14 over new 17.

With new 17 and new 2016. No more fade to black!
Thanks,
Jim...

PS:I am now keeping Map updates on a separate SD card.
07-08-16, 10:08 AM
You're welcome.