Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] SPX 30 and ST8001
06-11-19, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-19 12:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] SPX 30 and ST8001
I have just installed this pilot with a rudder reference and fluxgate compass. I have not tapped into my hydraulic steering yet but want to set the settings in the dealer calibration mode. I can get as far as Cal? on the screen but when I press the up and down buttons nothing happens and then the screen reverts back one screen. Am I missing a step?

Thanks
Walt Hoover
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-19, 12:22 PM
RE: [CA11] SPX 30 and ST8001
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Walt,

How has the ST8001 been interfaced to the system ... via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter or directly to the SPX30's SeaTalk port?
06-21-19, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 08:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello, it's wired directly from the seatalk terminals on the SPX 30 to the 8001. Then a seatalk wire from the SPX 30 to my seatalk bus. The red power is not connected as per the Installation manual.

Thanks
06-24-19, 09:01 AM
Walt,

While not the cause of the subject issue, it would be recommended that the ST8001 be interfaced to nothing other than to the SPX30 (updated with the latest available software) and that all three SeaTalk leads bue used. Doing so would then permit the ST8001 to be powered by the autopilot. Doing so would permit the autopilot to be operated without use of the rest of the system. The SPX autopilot course computer would then be interfaced to the system via the R12112 SPX SeaTalkng Spur Cable supplied with the autopilot. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter(s) would then be used to interface any remaining legacy devices having a SeaTalk communications interface to the system.

To access Dealer Calibration Mode:
• press and hold the standby key for two seconds to enter the Display Calibration mode
• when the screen shows DISPLAY CAL, press the disp, up or down arrow key until you see the DEALER CAL screen
• press the auto key: the display will change to CAL?
• press up and down arrow keys together to enter Dealer Calibration mode

Have you tried pressing the disp button to access DEALER CAL?
06-25-19, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-19 09:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello, thanks on the sea talk clarification. I have the spur cable but not the converter from seatalk to seatalk ng. I will take my legacy devices out of the system. I really only want to have the pilot steer to a heading so interfacing can be done later. After the disconnection I will try calibration again, do I press and hold the up down buttons or press and release. I have got to the Cal? screen but the up/down press has not been letting me enter DEALER CAL, I have not tried the display button but I will.

Thanks
Walt Hoover
06-25-19, 09:28 AM
Walt,

Q. Do I press and hold the up down buttons or press and release. I have got to the Cal? screen but the up/down press has not been letting me enter DEALER CAL, I have not tried the display button but I will.
A. If using the up and down keys, the trick is to press the press the keys simultaneously. Failure to do so will prevent access to Dealer Cal mode. I recommend using the thumb of each hand, one on the up button and one on the down button while grasping the sides of the autopilot control head, to more easily permit the buttons to be pressed and released simultaneously.