Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) When turning auto on it immediately goes into figure 8
05-08-18, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-18 05:33 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) When turning auto on it immediately goes into figure 8
My recently installed Evo200 with P70R after going through calibration, goes into a figure eight immediately upon power on. When I "commission" I see a message about missing route data?"

Not sure what to try next.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-18, 05:37 AM
RE: (DG) When turning auto on it immediately goes into figure 8
HI pressonjh

Thank you for your enquiry.

There are a number of FAQs which will help in diagnosing this issue, since it is most likely initial set up causing the problem,

check here
and check here

thanks
06-25-19, 10:01 AM
RE: (DG) When turning auto on it immediately goes into figure 8
Hi Pressonjh,
Thankyou for your enquiry,

Once you have carried out the check s outlined earlier in the thread, with the vessel tied up alongside carry out two simple tests . . .

first with the autopilot in STANDBY mode, turn the steering wheel to port and then Starboard - does the rudder angle display correctly indicate Port and Starboard rudder? If yes, good! if no, turn the power off, swap the red and green wires from the rudder reference unit over and test again to make sure the indication is correct.

Next select AUTO and press 3 x +10 on the autopilot keypad, does the drive turn the rudder to Starboard or to port? If starboard good - if port, turn the power off, swap the MOTOR wires over where they connect into the course computer and then test again.

If the two tests above work OK, then the basic set up of the pilot is correct.

Regards

Derek