Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray70 RayMic
05-15-16, 08:40 PM
Ray70 RayMic
Hello!

I just installed a Ray70, and all is good!

My question, is it possible to power on the Ray70 from either a MFD (E7D) or the RayMic? In my setup, it's possible the Base Station could be not turned on initially and make me remember to power the base station on in order to use the RayMic. Ideally, it would be good if it was possible in either location..

Thank you.

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-16, 08:36 AM
RE: Ray70 RayMic
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

Raymarine's a/c/e/eS-Series MFDs are neither designed to power other devices nor to be powered via a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. Similarly, VHF radios are not designed to be powered by a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. VHF radios are designed to be powered via their respective power leads. Further, it is recommended that VHF radios be powered from a dedicated power circuit.
05-16-16, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-16 12:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Not sure if I articulated the question correctly. I understand they're not designed to power devices. However, the question is - can they turn on the VHF radio instead of hitting the power button on the VHF radio? So, if I walk into the boat, and power on the E7D can it tell the VHF Ray70 to turn on too? Or, if I turn the power on the RayMic can it tell the Base Unit to turn on?

That's the question, not about physical power as they are on their own dedicated circuit.

Thanks,

Dave
05-16-16, 12:23 PM
Dave,

MFDs, i50/i60/i70 Instruments, and VHF radios support a last power state memory:
- should the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, i50/i60/i70 Instrument Display, or VHF radio be in the ON state and should the circuit supplying the MFD, instrument display, or VHF radio be de-energized, then the MFD or instrument display will return to the ON state when the circuit is re-energized.
- should the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, i50/i60/i70 Instrument Display, or VHF radio be in the OFF state and should the circuit supplying the MFD, instrument display, or VHF radio be de-energized, then the MFD or instrument display will remain in the OFF state when the circuit is re-energized. Pressing the POWER button of the MFD, instrument display, or VHF radio will return it to the ON state.

As the MFDs, i50/i60/i70 Instruments, and VHF radios support a last power state memory feature, switching the equipment ON/OFF is quite often performed from the breaker/fuse panel.

Neither the hardware nor software of the Ray70 and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are designed to support being able to be remotely control the power state for the Ray70. A feature suggestion will submitted to consider this feature within future product software updates as well as within future product designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
05-16-16, 03:18 PM
Great, Thank You for the reply. I will test out the last power state memory.

Dave
05-17-16, 08:28 AM
You're welcome.