Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Trying to figure out what works with what
06-12-19, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-19 04:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Trying to figure out what works with what
Hi there - I am new to NMEA2000 as I have just recently gotten back into boating. Not new to Raymarine though!

I am trying to figure out if I have this right. I'd like to put an Axiom 9 in my pilot house, and probably an RV-100 on the transom. If I put an i70s up on the flybridge for heading/speed/depth, and they are all connected to the backbone that's all I need? Or do I need any other transducers? Or anything else for that matter?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-19, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-19 02:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Trying to figure out what works with what
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum CTP,

The RV-100 Transducer is designed to be mated to the Axiom RV 9 MFD's Transducer socket. Raymarine offers 3m, 5m, and 8m RV transducer extension cables should the transducer's cable not be of sufficient length. A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will be installed to which the MFD and i70s MFID will each be interfaced as spurs. As the NMEA 2000 socket has been terminated with a DeviceNet (M) plug, Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how this plug may be adapted to be mated to a spur socket within a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components.

Please note that while the Axiom MFD features an internal GPS receiver, it does not sense heading ... it senses Course Over Ground (COG). Additionally, the MFD w/RV transducer does not sense Speed Through Water (STW) ... it senses Speed Over Ground (SOG). Both of these data items along with depth may be repeated by the i70S MFID.

Should an Axiom MFD be installed in a location which does not afford it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead, then it may not receive sufficient GPS signal strength for it to acquire and maintain an accurate GPS position FIX. In such cases, it would be recommend that a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor be installed onboard where it will be afforded an unobstructed view of the skies overhead and it be interfaced to a spur socket within the aforementioned SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
06-13-19, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-19 02:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay, so the i70s will get the data I want it to show from the Axiom 9, and I will probably need a GPS antenna. This is all starting to make sense!

Thank you!
Christopher
06-13-19, 02:48 PM
You're welcome.