Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] simple way to do auto guidance
06-13-19, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-19 10:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] simple way to do auto guidance
Hello, I have a GS125 , i have upgraded to lighthouse 3, also have the navionics best charts, It usually takes me a ton of time to get a follow route options, On my previous third party chartplotter, I will touch and hold a location and simple follow from here. Is there such of thing? Most of the time I have to touch and hold the current location, then the final destination.. i hit follow and it gives me a you have arrived message, then i go to the menu and follow in reverse. it is really difficult, also most of the times it gives me a direct line and not a follow route.

Thanks for your help and support.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-19, 12:25 PM
RE: [CA11] simple way to do auto guidance
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eddie,

The procedure which you have described is indeed correct for systems running LightHouse II software and no shorter means is available. Please note that gS-Series MFDs are designed to support LightHouse 3 software its features include improvements to the Dock to Dock Autorouting. Should the features of LightHouse 3 software be desirable to you (recommend reviewing the LightHouse 3.9 Advanced Operation Instructions and should your system's other equipment be compatible with LightHouse 3 software, then you may want to consider updating the software within the system's MFDs with the latest available LightHouse 3 software for eS/gS-Series MFDs.

The most common cause for generation of a straight line route between the departure waypoint or vessel position and the destination waypoint is that the depth of the water at the starting location or ending location (as stored within the chart card's data) is less than the specified minimum safe depth. Two other causes for this symptom are that the destination waypoint is more than 100nm from the departure waypoint or vessel position or that the resulting route exceeds the maximum number of waypoints permitted within a route.
06-13-19, 01:07 PM
Thank you Chuck,

I have lighthouse 3 already to the April latest update. I did the upgrade about 1 month ago. I think you guys should consider the follow route from current position. Everyone I have talked to l loves that feature from previous brands. I thank you for your time .
06-13-19, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-19 01:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Eddie,

The Autoroute to here feature is currently supported within MFDs running LightHouse 3 v3.9.46 software. To do so, the vessel must at that time be located within water where the charted depth (as stored within the chart card's data) is equal to or greater than the configured minimum safe depth. If so, then one need simply hold one's finger touched the screen at the desired destination (must also be equal to or greater than the minimum safe depth), select More Options from the pop-up menu displayed and then select the Autoroute to here menu option listed.
06-13-19, 02:30 PM
Great,

I will try next week, Thanks for the time and support. !
06-13-19, 02:47 PM
You're welcome.