Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Interfacing older spx-5 course computer to newly installed Seatalk by network
06-13-19, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-19 03:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Interfacing older spx-5 course computer to newly installed Seatalk by network
I have recently installed a Raymarine Seatalk ng network with an eS128 MFD, 2 I70s, Quantum Radar, ITC5.I have a preexisting SPX-5 course computer that I don't plan on upgrading. Can I interface the older course computer into the new Seatalk by network and add a new P70 Autopilot control head to my configuration? Will there be limitations to what I see on the new MFD with regards to autopilot functionality? Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-19, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-19 03:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Interfacing older spx-5 course computer to newly installed Seatalk by network
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum E38-Valhalla,

It is indeed possible to interface a SPX autopilot to the devices which you have specified. It would be recommended that the MFD be operated with LightHouse II v19.03 software rather than LightHouse 3 software to permit use of the Autopilot Controls feature of LightHouse II if so desired. The LightHouse 3 Autopilot Controls feature is exclusively compatible with Evolution autopilots. The SPX autopilot course computer must also be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update. The course computer's software may be updated though the SeaTalkng network via the MFD. The p70/p70R and the p70S/p70RS autopilot control heads which replaced them may be used with a SPX autopilot course computer which has been updated with the latest software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply