Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Reversing a Route’s direction Axiom Pro 12
06-14-19, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 10:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Reversing a Route’s direction Axiom Pro 12
There could be a simpler way for choosing what direction a route is heading before selecting it. I keep dozen of routes that I frequently used stored in the route list.

If you use Menu>Go To>Routes. Waypoints, etc>Route and then select the route you want, the screen on the right does not show the route’s direction if it had been previously hidden. Normally, I hide most routes so the screen is not cluttered. It would be easier if the route and it’s direction were shown on the right hand screen. Then choosing Follow or Reverse would be obvious.

I know you can get to the routes and it’s direction via Menu,Navigation etc, Routes but it takes a few extra keystrokes to see and get to the route’s direction and is not as obvious as the suggestion above would make it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-19, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-19 08:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Reversing a Route’s direction Axiom Pro 12
carlmk,

Thanks for the feature suggestion. However, not changing the original sequence would be easier yet and has already been logged as a feature suggestion. Instead, an option would be provide to simply follow the route in reverse. A temporary copy of the original or reversed route (internally it might be called "Active Route" for the sake of simplicity) would then be used by the system for navigation. When commanded to stop following and then follow a different route, then this temporary copy of the route would be deleted and replaced with the a copy of the new route to be followed. In this way, one would always know the direction of a route and routes could be named to imply the direction. This is a method commonly employed by other navigational products.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
06-19-19, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-19 07:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I think that makes sense although usually I would reserve judgement until I saw it.

Thanks for looking into it.
06-19-19, 07:52 AM
You're welcome.