Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum — Quantum 2
06-14-19, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 11:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Quantum — Quantum 2
Hi I have a Quantuum 2/radar installed with separate power and network cable connection to to my Axiom 12. I am having issues with radar turning off when I leave dock Afterbabout 1.5 to 2 hours. See other thread. Question can I install a new Quantum radar using my existing cabling power and network while I send the the Quantum 2 out for service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-19, 11:17 AM
RE: [CA11] Quantum — Quantum 2
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum E.hatch2086,

Q. Can I install a new Quantum radar using my existing cabling power and network while I send the the Quantum 2 out for service?
A. Yes.
06-18-19, 01:53 PM
Thanks Chuck
Can I connect the quantum 2 directly to my Es7 mfd running the latest lighthouse 2 soft ware
06-18-19, 02:38 PM
E.hatch2086,

Q. Can I connect the quantum 2 directly to my Es7 mfd running the latest lighthouse 2 soft ware
A. Yes. However, the supported radar features would then be identical to an eS7 MFD (LHII v19.03) which had been interfaced to a Quantum, rather than a Quantum 2, radome.
06-18-19, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-19 08:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks
I was thinking about doing this as a test to try and find out issue with Quantum 2 shuting off sporadically and having trouble starting it when connected to my Axiom 12 see other posts from me. If it works on the Es7 then it would seem it’s a software issue on the Axiom 12 as wring and dome issue would be ruled out do you concur?
06-19-19, 08:34 AM
E.hatch2086,

Q. If it works on the Es7 then it would seem it’s a software issue on the Axiom 12 as wring and dome issue would be ruled out do you concur?
A. Correct.
06-19-19, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-19 08:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
E.hatch2086,

Q. Besides the RayNet switching unit which allows you to net work multiple items is there such a thing as a switch box that allows one to connect a quantum radar to Axiom 1 or es7 one at a time not nerworked by toggling a switch. The net cable from quantum and each mfd would connect to the box.
A. Negative.
06-23-19, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 07:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
new info. With Quantum hooked up yo my Axiom and with all the latest updates installed motored about 12 miles radar on just before we got to destination about 13/4 hours the rada stopped no radar image on chart overlay or on the radar app. Radar app displayed th on button only. This is just like I reported previously. Took about 10 to 15 minutes to get radar to come back up . So I changed net cable and connected rada to my ES7 chart plotter vintage 2015 running the latest lighthouse 2 software. On mooring radar started up. The next day turned on radar and started journey home. Engine as well as gent running. I had a digital voltmeter hooked up to the radar power supply it was showing about 13.7 to 13.9 volts for the entire journey. After about 1 hour and 40minutes rada stoped displaying image and it said no radar. Tried to restart it but could not get it started till we had docked. Any more thoughts based on this.

At dock radar stayed running for about 5 hours till I shut he Quantum 2 and Down and switched the network cable back to the Axiom

Then I took the Axiom apart to get to the micro card and installed a new card with the previous version of the software 3.8.105.
Previous update installed successfully. Then started radar up and it came on. Of cause this proves nothing yet as issue seems time dependent away from dock.

Should I now reinstall the latest quantum 2 updates and quantum adapter updates even though they are apparently there then reinstall the latest Axiom softwares?

When I have the Quantum 2 connected to the ES7 with lighthouse 2 are the radar and adapter software the same as on the Axiom
06-24-19, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 07:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
E.hatch2086,

Q1. Should I now reinstall the latest quantum 2 updates and quantum adapter updates even though they are apparently there then reinstall the latest Axiom softwares?
A1. As re-installing the latest Quantum 2 software should cause no harm, doing so would be advised now that the MFD's software has been downgraded to LH3 v3.8.105.

Q2. When I have the Quantum 2 connected to the ES7 with lighthouse 2 are the radar and adapter software the same as on the Axiom?
A2. LightHouse II software is compatible with Quantum 2 radomes which have been updated with the latest Quantum 2 software.
06-24-19, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 10:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck
Besides the update also plan on checking connections at the Quantum 2 dome.

I saved the info from Axiom diagnostics the connected devices to an external SD card it was saved as file name.json , I did not knowingly assign the file extemsion and i can not open the file on my pc what did i do wrong.