Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Smartcraft engine data to Axiom
06-20-19, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-19 09:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Smartcraft engine data to Axiom
Hi I am looking to see if my plans are correct for what I'm about to do. I have a 2004 Sea Ray Sundancer 320 with Merc 5.0 MPI I/O engines. I want to get my engine data up to my Axiom on my dash. My boat does not have smartcraft guages or a smartcraft network installed the engines do have the plug and have the smartcraft diamond. I will attach my plans for what I think I need to do, the plans include adding 2 more MFDs. I will also include a plan for a smartcraft network I based this off of. I'm looking to see if I have this correct before I start spending money

Thank you

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-19, 09:30 AM
RE: [CA11] Smartcraft engine data to Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

While I can't comment on how SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Gateway will be interfaced to your engine system (would recommend verifying with Mercury Marine or your Mercury Marine dealer), I can specify that your second diagram indicating how the SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Gateway will be interfaced to marine electronics NMEA 2000 Backbone is indeed correct. The Axiom MFD's NMEA 2000 interface may be found on it's Power/NMEA 2000 Cable. It appears that your vessel's NMEA 2000 backbone may have been constructed from third party NMEA 2000 networking components featuring DeviceNet Micro-C sockets. If so, then the Axiom MFD's NMEA 2000 interface may be plugged into a T-Piece having a female socket or may be interfaced to a third party NMEA 2000 Cable having DeviceNet (F) sockets (assuming T-Piece is male gender) on each end of the cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply