Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] I70s Erroneous Temp Reading Underway
06-17-19, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-19 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] I70s Erroneous Temp Reading Underway
My I70s is networked to my NMEA200 system. While stationary the I70s, ES128 and ES127 all read normal water temperature, to darn cold but normal for a Lake Michigan this time of year. However while under way the I70s will read a water temperature of 29.2 degrees Celsius. All other functions including engine parameters read normally. Any thoughts? I have a depth and speed transducer connected through an ITC5 block and a chirp transducer connect directly to the ES128. I use the ITC5 for speed and depth and the chirp for a visual of bottom contouring.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-19, 03:18 PM
RE: [CA11] I70s Erroneous Temp Reading Underway
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sadey,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing temperature source prioritization within systems featuring more than one water temperature sensing device. In this case, it would appear that their is either a fault within the instrument transducer's thermistor or within the iTC-5's circuitry. When the problem is observed, check the resistance of the thermistor and compare it with the information found here. If no problem is determined with the transducer's thermistor, then it would be recommended that the iTC-5 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply