Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 9 disappointments
06-11-19, 11:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-19 05:17 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom 9 disappointments
Hello everyone and thank you for adding me to the forum. I have purchased all this nice new equipment and had it installed and all is working fine but I have a few issues that really disappointed me in the Raymarine brand. These are issues that I never faced when I had even 7in Dragonfly Pro edition

I have the following installed on a 1986 Aquasport 290 TM
1. Axiom 9 RV MFD
2. Axiom 9 Chart plotter
3. RV – 220 Transducers x 2
4. Raymarine Quantum Radar 18in WIFI only

1. No beeps or alarm when fish come in range of fish finder
2. RV – 220 Transducers are supposed to give speed readings but no option to display on MFD
3. Can’t transfer or sync waypoints or routs from Navionics app on tablet to and from
4. Limited option on Navionics, no update feature, no speed, Dock to Dock feature is loopy at times. Android version of Navionics surpasses Raymarine’s app version

PS. I have read the manual 3 times over and not one bit of help

Some one Please Help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-19, 08:03 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom 9 disappointments
Dear JoeyBlakis,

Thank you for your post.

Q1. No beeps or alarm when fish come in range of fish finder
A1. This feature is due to be released in a future software update, I cannot give a current timeframe.

Q2. RV – 220 Transducers are supposed to give speed readings but no option to display on MFD
A2. RV220 transducers do not have a speed log, therefore you will not get speed through the water data from this transducer. Please read the specifications on the website here.

Q3. Can’t transfer or sync waypoints or routs from Navionics app on tablet to and from
A3. Please find the instructions on how to sync your Navionics boating App with our Lighthouse 3 MFDs for the transfer of waypoints and routes here.

Q4. Limited option on Navionics, no update feature, no speed, Dock to Dock feature is loopy at times. Android version of Navionics surpasses Raymarine’s app version
A4. I am not entirely clear on your question here, can you provide a little more info to assist me with answering your query.
What do you mean by 'limited option on Navionics'?
Are you referring to the cartography card?
What update feature are you referring to? Do you mean the cartography update?
What problems are you experiencing with the dock to dock feature?
The only apps Raymarine have got are the Rayview, Raycontrol & Rayremote. We have not produced a Navionics app or anything apps with similar functionality. Can you explain what app your are referring to?

Many Thanks
Louise
06-13-19, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-19 09:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for your reply

Navioncs Adroid App shows MPH (supplied from GPS speed). Since Axiom also has GPS combined with Navioncs it should do the same

Also to explain further once we hit go on a track or route MPH appears on the Android Navionics App

1.When creating a Dock to Dock route on the Axiom it tends to put you going through docks and jetty s (boat setting already applied) where as the Android app completes the route with no faults .
2.There is no fuel option maps it only gives you marinas but not all marinas carry fuel the Android app allows you to select marinas with fuel closest to your location
3. My Marina supplies us with WIFI yet we are unable to update Navianics via WIFI on the Axiom and have to remove the card and update it on a Laptop.

Most Navioniocs users download the app before buying any system weather being Andriod or Apple both apps work the same. The Navioncs on the Axiom differs in many ways. Other than the issues in this thread these is a great system and Raymarine has the ability to make Navionics work the same way as the apps. Even on a laptop i have the options mentioned above.

I'm very happy with the system but just a bit disappointed with the Navioncs on the Axiom
06-21-19, 07:00 AM
Dear Joeyblakis,

Thank you for your response.

It would seem you are trying to compare the functionality of the Navionics app with the Axiom and they are different products, therefore

Q1) Navionics Android App shows MPH (supplied from GPS speed). Since Axiom also has GPS combined with Navionics it should do the same
A2) The Navionics app and the Axiom both use different GPS sources and will not be able to share the same data source. The units that are displayed for the speed are chosen by the user on the Axiom so these can be changed. If you wish to view your SOG on the Axiom as mph - you can change this in the unit settings menu.

Also to explain further once we hit go on a track or route MPH appears on the Android Navionics App - are you starting the track from the Axiom or the app?

Q2) When creating a Dock to Dock route on the Axiom it tends to put you going through docks and jetty s (boat setting already applied) where as the Android app completes the route with no faults .
A2) Have you got a current up to date Navionics platinum chart card with an active subscription in the Axiom? In the home page> CHART APP>MENU>SETTINGS - does the Navionics text line state it has a current subscription?
Have you got Lighthouse 3.9.46 installed in the Axiom?

Q3) My Marina supplies us with WIFI yet we are unable to update Navianics via WIFI on the Axiom and have to remove the card and update it on a Laptop.
A3) The Navionics chart card updates by wirelessly connecting to your Navionics app, the updates are then transffered over to the card from your app. The app updates from a wifi source or personal data, the Axiom does not update the Navionics card via WiFi. Please refer to the Navionics instructions here.

Many Thanks
Louise