Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E70364-00-NAG
06-20-19, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-19 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E70364-00-NAG
purchased axiom 7 for new boat. No other electronics on boat. Boat has canvas bimini top and I am struggling to get a satellite signal. it takes a long time to get if I get it at all. I am in Michigan and the unit always things I am in the bahamas when it starts up. Is there a way to set home as michigan on the unit? I assume I need a separate antenna? I don't want to create a network. What antenna do I need to get and how do i connect it to the axiom 7? what other parts are necessary? should that resolve my issue?

Thanks
Joe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-19, 09:13 AM
RE: [CA11] E70364-00-NAG
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joe,

A canvas bimini top would not typically pose a problem for GPS signal reception for a MFD unless the MFD has been mounted within the helm surface. In the case of the latter, the mounting surface (or other nearby electrical components within the moun may hinder GPS signal reception by the MFD's internal GPS receiver. In such cases, it would be recommended a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor be interfaced to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the system not feature a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a simple backbone may be constructed. The Axiom MFD will be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone via an A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Adapter Cable or an A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Adapter Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply