Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Echosounder Purchase
06-23-19, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-19 02:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Echosounder Purchase
Hi

We are looking to purchase a fish finder/echoounder for a small (10m) workboat. It will be used to locate in sea equipment towed by a mother vessel at depth - between 5 and 50m. We wish to use it to verify the depth of equipment and also to locate it when necessary.

I was looking at the Raymarine CP100 Sonar but also see the multifunction displays will drive a transducer anyway.

What display/echosounder/fish finder do you suggest.

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-19, 12:44 AM
RE: [TG11] Echosounder Purchase
Hello asichnav,

Sorry you've not had a reply before. Your post got assigned to me whilst I was out of the office.

I'd suggest an Axiom RV or Axiom Pro RVX display (http://www.raymarine.com.au/multifunction-displays/. They have the DownVision imaging capability of the CP100, but also add SideVision which looks out port-starboard and can take a direct transducer connection. You'd also need a compatible transducer, which would be one of the RV transducer range (http://www.raymarine.com.au/transducers/realvision/, which are available in transom-mount or through-hull options in various materials (plastic, bronze, SS) and with tilted elements for different hull dead-rises.

The Axiom Pro displays have clearer screens, hard-keys as well as touchscreen for control in adverse conditions and the capability to also connect a high power offshore depth transducer, but of course at a higher cost.

If you can let me know more about the boat (outboard or inboard, hull shape/type and material) I can help choose a transducer.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply