Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion ip700i control from MFD
05-19-16, 07:54 PM
Fusion ip700i control from MFD
Is there a way to control the Fusion from the MFD without fully going into the Fusion link "app" on my E7d? Meaning, is there an audio control popup that would control the basics like play/pause, next track, and volume while I'm in my chart app? Much like touching the databar for, well, more data? I'd like to be able to control the Fusion without going to the Fusion app or split screening the chart/fusion apps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-16, 08:25 AM
RE: Fusion ip700i control from MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum flyboycj84,

The feature which you have inquired about is not supported by Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Remote control of a compatible Fusion head unit presently require that access be via a Fusion app page/pane or via the Fusion app running on a mobile device which has connected to the MFD via Wi-Fi (the MFD in turn would be interfaced via Ethernet to the Fusion head unit). A feature request will be submitted for the additional controls which you have suggested to be considered for inclusion within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update as well as within future product designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
05-20-16, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-16 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks for the quick reply. So just so I am clear....before I had the Fusion unit I would connect my iPhone via Bluetooth to my E7d, and there was an audio control bar that would popup on any screen to control basic functions of the iPhone music playing. You are saying this is NOT currently available to do with the Fusion, yes?
05-23-16, 10:06 AM
flyboycj84,

Q1. So just so I am clear....before I had the Fusion unit I would connect my iPhone via Bluetooth to my E7d.

A1. Raymarine MFD's feature a Bluetooth based feature (i.e. Media Player) whereby the MFD provides some rudimentary control (pause, play, next track, previous track) of a connected mobile device's media player. However, no volume control is permissible via this feature. When seeking to remotely control the Fusion head unit via the MFD, the mobile device must be connect to the MFD's Wi-Fi interface. The MFD's Fusion app may then be used to remotely control the Fusion head unit. If interfaced via Ethernet communications to the Fusion Head Unit, then it will alternatively be possible to run the Fusion app directly on the mobile device to permit Fusion head unit to be remotely controlled.