Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maretron WSO100-01 NEMA2000 Weather station
05-19-16, 09:34 PM
Maretron WSO100-01 NEMA2000 Weather station
Hi,

I'm looking to add a Maretron WSO100-01 ultrasonic wind/weather station to my existing NEMA2000 network or directly into Seatalk NG). The NEMA2000 network is just a spur feed into the STNG to get engine data through a Fox Marine MEFI gateway so would prefer to get directly into Seatalk NG I'm thinking.

Do you know if this Maretron weather station unit be compatible with both my raymarine i70 and my newly installed eS128 to feed the data into the Seatalk NG network (via the NEMA2000 side) so that I can have a more complete current weather data picture? Also, Is it preferred to connect direct to the Seatalk NG (via a devicenet adapter like the N2K feed) or some other N2K to SeatalkNG adapter or method that I'm unaware of at this point? - I still have much to learn on these topics.

Weblink:
http://www.maretron.com/products/pdf/WSO...asheet.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-16, 08:50 AM
RE: Maretron WSO100-01 NEMA2000 Weather station
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Greg,

It is indeed possible to interface a NMEA 2000 weather station as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone using a SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet Adapter of the correct gender to mate to the NMEA 2000 weather station's cable. You'll need to add an additional SeaTalkng spur socket to your powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone should there not presently be a vacant spur socket within the backbone. Should the data items produced by the weather station provide a second source of any type of data to your system (ex. GPS, heading, wind, etc.), then the MFD's Data Source Selection feature (HOME->SYSTEM SETTINGS->DATA SOURCES) will need to be utilized to specify which source will be used for each type of data duplicated within your system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply