Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Insalling axiom 12 rvx
06-26-19, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-19 02:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Insalling axiom 12 rvx
I am try to figure out how to hook up a ev150,ais 700 and quantum 2. Can you tell me what connectors or cables I need with part numbers and how everything goes together. Thank you very much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-19, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-19 02:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Insalling axiom 12 rvx
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum FISHFEARME,

The Axiom Pro 12 RVX, EV150 autopilot, and AIS700 are designed to communicate with one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. This backbone will need to feature a sufficient number of spur sockets to accommodate interfacing each of these devices to the backbone. The EV150 autopilot is supplied with sufficient SeaTalkng networking components to create and power a backbone which would permit the Evolution autopilot components to communicate with one another. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how additional spur sockets may be added to this backbone to permit the AIS700 and Axiom Pro RVX MFD to each be interfaced spur socket within to the backbone. The AIS700 will be interfaced to the a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The Axiom Pro 12 RVX MFD will be interfaced to the a spur socket within the backbone via an A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet Female to SeaTalkng Spur Cable.

Regarding the Quantum 2 radome, the radome may be purchased with or without a Quantum Power Cable. If you have already purchased the radome, did you purchase it a Quantum Power Cable? Will you be seeking a wired interface between the Quantum 2 radome and the MFD or will you be seeking to have the Quantum 2 radome communicate with the system via Wi-Fi?
06-27-19, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-19 12:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes I purchased it with power and data cable. So what are the part numbers of the spur cables backbone and all that stuff? would the starter kit be a good kit to buy to start with?
Thank you
07-01-19, 02:17 PM
FISHFEARME,

Q1. So what are the part numbers of the spur cables backbone and all that stuff?
A1. We do not generally cable part numbers because the lengths of cables required vary with each boat and where the products will be installed on the boat. SeaTalkng Spur Cables and Backbone Cables are available in lengths from 400mm to 6m. Please click on the link provided within my initial response to view the part numbers for SeaTalkng Spur Cables, SeaTalkng Backbone Cables, and other SeaTalkng Networking Components and adapters.

Q2. Would the starter kit be a good kit to buy to start with?
A2. I wouldn't recommend a SeaTalkng Starter Kit, as many of its components are included with the Evolution autopilot cabling kit supplied with the autopilot. As indicated within my initial response, you will need a to install a couple of T-Pieces or 5-Way Connector near the MFD and AIS700. The T-Pieces or 5-Way Connector will be joined to the backbone via appropriate lengths of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. I have previously addressed how the MFD will be interfaced to one of these T-Pieces or 5-Way Connector. The AIS700 will be interfaced to the a spur socket within one of these T-Pieces or 5-Way Connector via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.
07-01-19, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-19 04:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks chuck
07-01-19, 04:28 PM
You're welcome.