Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] i50 depth (new) lighting issues
06-26-19, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-19 10:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] i50 depth (new) lighting issues
Hi,
I recently purchased and installed a new i50 depth; S/N 0290060; Software 1.06.
It is a stand alone installation.(except it shares power supply; see below)
The manual says there should be 9 levels of back lighting but there are only 3; 1 is too dim to see from just about anywhere while 2 is much brighter than necessary and detrimental to night vision: how do I see the 9 levels?
Also if I switch off at the circuit breaker/switch the lighting defaults back to level 1 from the level 2 that I have set.
If I switch off at the instrument it keeps what I have set, but that is inconvenient as I wish to switch it on and off with the wind and speed instruments it shares power supply with.

I have done a reset to factory defaults and checked that it is set as a data master.
The depth units I have set and the offset are kept when switched off at the C/B, what gives with the lighting?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-19, 12:51 AM
RE: [TG11] i50 depth (new) lighting issues
Hello Draughty,

I believe you have already got an answer on this from my colleagues, but I would expect that this is due to the network type that the i50 is connected to, or not. 9 backlight levels are supported in SeatalkNG networks, but if STNG is not detected I believe that the i50 will fall back to the legacy Seatalk standard of 3 backlight levels. This is because Seatalk instruments could only support 3 levels.

Regarding the backlight level reverting, I believe that the idea is that the backlight level reverts on power-up to something 'failsafe' that won't either draw unnecessary power during daytime or be invisible if powered on at night. Many of our sailing users are very power-conscious and wouldn't want the display necessarily always powering up on a bright backlight during daytime.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply