Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P70 Message
05-20-16, 04:27 PM
P70 Message
Greetings,

On my P70 AP, I have a message at the bottom detecting magnetics. The little red progress bar has not moved in hours. I've updated to the latest firmware and I'm wondering if this is a new feature/function that I'm not aware of.

Thanks in advance.

Rick Segal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-16, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-16 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: P70 Message
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

Please click here to view a thread in which I had previously addressed this subject this subject.
05-24-16, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-16 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. I happen to go out sailing and was zipping around so it did the voodoo it needed to do and all b good.

Thank you,

Rick
05-24-16, 09:32 AM
You're welcome.
08-23-16, 02:18 PM
Hi chuck,
I have the same message and have read through your instructions. I have not performed the figure 8 yet. would this affect the performance of the autopilot? I was recently traveling and my type 1 hydraulic pump quit working. Will not track or move in stand by mode.
I was just wondering if the reset would disable the pump or if this is a pump issue?
08-23-16, 04:45 PM
Brent,

Following the autopilot reset, the vessel magnetic deviation data and handling characteristics of the autopilot will have been erased. The vessel must be taken out and exercised within the manner specified within the referenced FAQ in order for the autopilot to determine this data again.

Putting the autopilot into Auto mode and then providing +/- 10 commands to the autopilot should cause the rudder to move in the direction of the command. After witnessing each movement of the rudder, the autopilot should be commanded into Standby mode. Autopilot pumps may be tested by simply connecting the pump's motor leads to 12 VDC power circuit to verify that it pumps in one direction. After doing so, the pump's motor leads will be connected to the opposite polarity of the 12VDC power circuit to verify that it pumps in the opposite direction. If so, the the pump would be deemed to be operational.