Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] S100 Base Station - no link
07-02-19, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 04:34 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
S100 Base Station - no link
I have an S100 remote and companion base station that is infrequently, but reliably used over the last 7 years (about once annually). I tried it this weekend and the controller says 'searching for network'/no link/no pilot. I replaced batteries, ran self-test (passed) and repeated. Still no luck. I confirmed that the base station has 12V power via multi-meter on the red and black sea-talk connector slots. So questions:

1) Anything else to do? I don't see another way to test the base station. I couldn't tell if there were supposed to be any visible led's on it.

2) Does Raymarine still benchtest/service these units?

3) What cost for above? Given limited use, it's probably not worth it to me if it is expensive, but if I have a reasonable path to a resolution I'd love not to have dead equipment on board.

Thanks for any info/help.

Also...apologize for repeat. I believe I posted this yesterday, but see no trace of the original post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 04:44 AM
RE: S100 Base Station - no link
Hello taitelh,

If the S100's actually failed then it'd be a case of replacing rather than repairing it, but often this sort of problem is simply that the pair of the remote and base station has become lost. I'd suggest going into the S100's setup and de-registering it and then re-registering it. That solves most problems. The de-registration process is described in the back of the S100's handbook, which you can download through http://www.raymarine.com.au/manuals-documents/ in case you don't have a copy any longer.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply