Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AUTO ok, TRACK seems to hunt
05-25-16, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-16 01:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: AUTO ok, TRACK seems to hunt
Hi Chuck -

I've been keeping up with the updates, but I saw on Panbo that there's a new one out this week so I can do that.

I don't have a STW input, but I do have a Raymarine rotary rudder sensor. Now it's true that I have a non-standard setup for that input (we covered this in the old forum) - it's being input to both a Raymarine (I think it's ST60+) and the ACU. I was going to do Seatalk to STNG and have the connection kit but haven't installed it yet.

And I have several heading sensors. That might be the issue - when on AUTO I'm using the EV1 plus I forget when GPS, but when on TRACK the XTE is coming from Coastal Explorer and...I also forget where it's getting GPS input. Perhaps that input is moving back and forth say 50 feet and that is causing the ACU to "hunt" for the course.

One option I could try is the GPX eport, import into the ACU, and try to TRACK from my a78 MFD. That's a brutal sneakernet process but the only one I know to transfer WPs.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Lee. There's a new "Enhanced Track Keeping" algorithm in last Thursday's software update may address this issue. He said it will gradually bring me back to the course line depending on distance to the WP. But I will go through the process (and, BTW, I must do a factory reset on the ACU, P70R, and A-series MFD after the update) and report back if anything changes.

Lulu: 36' Little Harbor WhisperJet
Raymarine: Axiom 12 RV, RV200, Axiom 12 Pro, Evo 1/ACU 150/P70RS, Quantum Q24C, HS5
---previous----
Refugio: 44' trawler
Raymarine: ACU-400, EV-1, P70R, a78, M81105 RFU, ST60 RAI, E22158 ST-STNG
NMEA 2000: Garmin 740S & GMR18 HD, Airmar WS-200WX, Actisense NGT-1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AUTO ok, TRACK seems to hunt - Keith Pleas - 05-25-16 10:54 AM