Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 12 stuck in boot mode
07-02-19, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-19 06:50 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom 12 stuck in boot mode
Hello, I have a new Axiom MF12 MFD which has worked flawless for two months. I ordered it with an 8g Navionics card which I leave installed in the card slot. I usually start and stop the unit with my panel switch, which cycles it from it previous state. On my last start the unit begins the boot process, the word Axiom appears, but I do not get to the presentation of the Lighthouse logo. It appears the the unit then cycles continuously, with the word Axiom appearing again. Is there a way to hard reset this unit or reload the operating system from an external card? Any help would be appreciated, as we are in the middle of a passage on the coast of the eastern US. Thanks for your response.
Find all posts by this user
07-09-19, 07:52 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom 12 stuck in boot mode
Dear webdzine,

Thank you for your post.

Please have a look at our FAQs on how to perform a factory reset from power up here.

You will lose all data including routes and waypoints. Remove any sd cards that are in the Axiom prior to performing the reset.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-21-19, 10:50 PM
Same Issue new device

I have an Axiom Pro 12" the unit was purchased about a year ago and has worked mostly flawlessly with the exception of a few self restarts. Part way through a trip on July 20 the unit shut completely down and acted like it was going to restart like it has on occasion, but the word Axiom is all that shows on the screen.

I followed the procedure in the FAQ for the Power On Reset but my unit does not scroll on or off (tried repeatedly to do so). I can power off the unit by holding the power button down and restart it agin, the word Raymarine flashes briefly then the blinking word Axiom is all that will show. It appears like after the normal boot process is almost complete the unit wants to start but then "Axiom" scrolls up from the bottom of the display and then just blinks on and off. I tired to insert a micro SD card with the latest firmware update after removing the Navigation cards in both slots and power on with the same results.

Note: I powered the circuit on let it set for several minutes even over night and nothing works. I pulled the unit off the boat because I'm 99% sure it needs repair. The boat is 135 miles from my home and I'm usually only there on weekends.

We have a trip planned in 3 weeks that will require the MFD to be operational. How do I expedite the repair process?
07-26-19, 07:57 AM
Dear rickgiles,

Thank you for your post.

To perform the reset on the Axiom Pro you need to;

1) Switch the MFD OFF using its Power button

2) De-energize the power circuit which is supplying power to the MFD

3) Wait 30 seconds

4) Re-energize the power circuit which is supplying power to the MFD

5) Switch the MFD ON using its Power button

6) Hold down the back key and page swap key together and keep holding.

7) Shortly afterwards, the Raymarine Recovery screen will be displayed.

8) Using the rotary control, select the "Wipe Data / factory reset" menu option

9) Using the rotary control, activate the selected option. When complete, the MFD will reboot and display to the Limitations of Use dialog

If you continue to experience the issue, the unit will need to be sent for testing and repair here or take the unit to your local dealer.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-26-19, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 08:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Lousie, very helpful instructions. That seems to have solved this problem for now, I'll reach out for service if the display continues to act up.
07-29-19, 09:13 AM
You are welcome.
09-20-19, 08:24 AM
I have my Axiom 7 powered from a different circuit than the SeaTalkng network. If I turn on the network first and then start the Axiom all is well. If I do the opposite it will go into the continuous reboot.... By resetting the unit as described (factory reset) I can get it up and running again, so if there are any Raymarine Lighthouse coders reading this, here's something to look for as a bug update.
09-30-19, 05:38 AM
Dear speedbird1,

This is behavior that I have not heard of before.

Can you clarify that the Axiom 7 and the STng bus are on separate 12v circuits with their own breakers?

What version of Lighthouse 3 do you have? HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS - under the description of the Axiom will be the software revision.

Please send in a system schematic to support.uk@raymarine.com

Many Thanks
Louise
09-30-19, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-19 09:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The Axiom 7 is connected to a separate fuse other than the STNG network (an issue that I should possibly correct, done for initial ease of installation). It is recently updated to the current build ~.71? from the .4x previous build. I have not yet tried to see if it happens on the new build (mostly cuz I don't want to keep factory resetting the unit).

The original issue again was if I turned on the Axiom 7 (connected to an unpowered STNG network), then when the unit was up and running turned on the STNG network to get its data, the Axiom would force restart and get stuck to the Axiom screen and not get to the lighthouse startup screen. Turning off the STNG network would have no effect--still stuck. Only a left swipe and factory reset will correct.

Regards and thanks for the interest in this issue
10-04-19, 10:51 AM
Dear speedbird1,

Please send a system schematic to support.uk@raymarine.com

Many Thanks
Louise
Thread Closed