Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] ST 6001 How to retrieve all NMEA/SEATALK info
07-03-19, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-19 05:54 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] ST 6001 How to retrieve all NMEA/SEATALK info
Hello

I have a Charplotter A60 connected with a GPS antenna and to a smart pilot ST 6001 through NMEA 0183 input port

I have also the wind / Auto Pilot / Speed ( ST60) connected to the smart Pilot through the Seatalk Input Port.

I would want to get all the info from NMEA ( GPS / SOG/ Depth ) and Seatalk ( Speed / Wind / COG/..) network from the ST 6001 in order to multiplex them with an AIS system. ( NMEA 0813 inputs only)

I read that the NMEA OUPUT doesn't contain the DATA inputs but only a few sentences . Is it correct ?

Is it possible on the seatalk ( Port 2) to retrieve all info including the ones coming from NMEA 0183 ?

What do you sugges to get these data ?

Thanks a lot for your support
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 04:28 AM
RE: [LW11] ST 6001 How to retrieve all NMEA/SEATALK info
Dear philippe,

Thank you for your post.

The A60 is not capable of displaying AIS data. What AIS unit do you have and have you a separate chartplotter to view the data?

The AIS unit does not usually require instrument data, can you explain a little more about what you are wanting from your system?

Usually the AIS will have an independent GPS antenna, the data will then be sent out on NMEA0183 on 38400 baud rate or on NMEA2000 to a compatible chartplotter.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply