Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Dragonfly 7 Upgrade/ Transducer Compatible
06-27-19, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-19 02:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Dragonfly 7 Upgrade/ Transducer Compatible
Hi,

I have a Dragonfly 7 linked to an AIRMAR P319 through the hull transducer (revision 06). The P319 transducer cable with power supply cable are joined into a single din plug with a red locking bar that fits into the back of the Dragonfly head unit. This set up gives me depth reading and down vision fish finder functionality which meets my needs plus the important chart plotter. I want to upgrade to include radar. I'm recommended to go with the Quantium radar wireless plus the Axiom 7rv or 9rv which have built in GPS. My question is will the Axiom work with my P319 transducer if I am happy to just have down vision/fish finder capability but not the 3D down view? If it is compatible then will the existing P319 cable din plug (with power supply) fit into the Axiom or is an adaptor required and available? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-19, 09:07 AM
RE: [DG11] Dragonfly 7 Upgrade/ Transducer Compatible
Hi BarcoT

Thankyou for your enquiry,

The Dragonfly range of products do not use the P319 transducer, Dragonfly is a downvision unit which uses the transom mount elongated style transducers, the elongated through hull transducers or the CPT-S style conical transducers. Please note that the reference P319 refers to the material used in the construction of the transducer - in this case plastic and the specification of the Piezo ceramic used inside the transducer, there are actually many variants of the P319 used across different manufacturers and they are wired differently internally so you need to be specific in what version you have to be certain it will work with your sonar.

The red locking bar you describe suggests the transducer is one of the standard downvision style transducers?

Please can you check exactly what transducer is fitted to be sure we are referring to the same item? Assuming this is the standard Downvision style transducer, this is not compatible with the AXIOM range.

A new transducer such as the E66077 P319 style through hull low profile connected to the AXIOM 7 or 9RV through the adapter cable A80489 would be the units that you are looking for.
Thanks
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply