Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Alarm Frequency/Volume
07-05-19, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 05:32 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Alarm Frequency/Volume
I have a problem hearing the alarm on my axiom 9. The frequency is too high and the volume to low for my hearing loss even when adjusted by my hearing aids. I am currently exploring new hearing aids and it would help if I knew the frequency (Hz) and volume (dB) that the alarm is currently set to.

The best solution for me would be to have the alarm include a lower frequency(2k) and more volume(50dB). This would be similar to the alarms used on emergency vehicles in Europe.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 05:57 AM
RE: Alarm Frequency/Volume
Hello CaptnFrank,

The pitch of the alarm isn't adjustable - I assume that that specific pitch was chosen carefully, though don't know the background - and the volume is limited by the size of the buzzer we can fit and the sealing of the housing, which muffles things considerably, but we do offer a dedicated and *very* loud external alarm buzzer (http://www.raymarine.com/networking/stng-buzzer/) for Lighthouse 3 displays including Axiom. Note, for anyone else reading this, it's specifically for LH3 and will offer only limited alarm support in LH2 or i70 systems. Check the handbook for details of what alarms are supported on what products other than Axiom.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply