Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] connecting A50 to wheel pilot evolution 100
07-05-19, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 05:21 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
connecting A50 to wheel pilot evolution 100
I just completed the installation of a new EV 100 wheelpilot. there is an A50
chart plotter on board that was previously connected to the ST4000 that I replaced with the EV 100. I want to connect the A50 to the new system(EV100). After talking to an adviser on the Raymarine 800 number, I was advised to purchase a converter (part # E22158)in order to integrate the A50 to the system. Can somebody explain to me how to do the connection? It appears to me that the converter is a cable and another back bone that I already have as part of the EV100 system. thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 05:24 AM
RE: connecting A50 to wheel pilot evolution 100
Hello Avi,

I am sorry to say that it appears you've been misinformed. Perhaps the person you spoke with thought you had a different model chartplotter or pilot from what you list here. With A50 and EV100, no need for the convertor, you just connect the A50 into the pilot's STNG network at and spare spur (white) socket. If you don't have a spare white socket in the EV's network then you'd need another backbone cable and T-piece or 5-way junction in order to extend the existing network, and you can in fact use the convertor for this purpose if you have a spare backbone (blue) cable you can use to connect it in, but the convertor function of the device itself (centre yellow connector) is redundant in that system.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply