Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Solid Red Light on ACU 150
07-06-19, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 08:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Solid Red Light on ACU 150
My Evolution ACU 150 is showing a solid red LED whenever the autopilot is on. My EV1 has software version 3.01, not the update with 3.02. I have a Garmin GPSMAP 942 xs chartplotter connected to the SeaTalk NG backbone but not sure I can use it to update the EV1, or if it even necessary to update it. The autopilot works flawlessly and I am very happy with it but wondering what, if anything, I should do about the red LED.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-19, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 08:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Solid Red Light on ACU 150
Hello Pvaurochs,

Solid red? If so, and the pilot's working well, then I think you may have a bi-colour LED which isn't driving correctly, but no other fault. I've seen this once before on a GPS antenna: the LED indication which was supposed to be green was red, but otherwise it worked perfectly.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
07-28-19, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 08:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have a newly installed ACU-150 connected to newly installed EV-1, r70Rs control head and hydralic pump. The ACU shows up in the r70Rs connected devices and the pump runs well. But the ACU-150 LED is solid red also. THe ACU software is 3.2 (or 3.02?) Should I send the ACU in for service during my boating off season?
Thanks,
Kelly
08-04-19, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-19 06:41 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Kelly,

No, if the ACU is working normally then I don't think there's anything wrong with it or any need for service. I have reported the spurious red LED to our engineers, but there's nothing for you to worry about there.

Would you mind giving me the serial number of your ACU150 though, so that I can add that to my report?

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-11-19, 08:46 AM
Hi Tom,
Serial #: 0780127.
Kelly
08-12-19, 09:30 PM
Thanks Kelly, I've added that to my engineering report.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.