Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Help for a friend with a ST 4000 Helm drive
07-08-19, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-19 05:51 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Help for a friend with a ST 4000 Helm drive
My Friend asked me "Can I replace my old Raymarine Autohelm ST4000+MK1 wheel drive with the ST 4000MK 2 wheel drive?
Seems it is the same except perhaps larger diameter".
I have no experience with wheel drive autohelms - so I am referring this question to you the experts.
Please let me know if there are pitfalls with this conversion.
He said that he is unable to get parts for the older system and he is experiencing age related failures.
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-19, 05:55 AM
RE: Help for a friend with a ST 4000 Helm drive
Hello andyschoenb,

Yes, your friend can replace a black Mk1 wheeldrive with the grey Mk2 and use it with the ST4000 electronics. There are two part numbers for the Mk2 drive: he'd need part E12093, complete with fitting accessories, rather than A18081 which is a spare drive without fittings. The new drive has different fittings than the old one.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply