Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Axiom Pro 9 RVX erratic screen and uninitiated Shutdown
07-08-19, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-19 04:56 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Axiom Pro 9 RVX erratic screen and uninitiated Shutdown
Hello,

Following is a message that a friend sent to me regarding an issue with an Axiom Pro 9 RVX that I helped to install last year. It has been performing ok until now.

"Weird thing happened yesterday. Cruising in from XXXX, my chartplotter suddenly started zooming out". "I tried to counter it with the + but it kept zooming out, then shut off completely". "Tried to restart several times and it just kicked off". "Hour and a half later it comes on, but barely visible". "I could just make out the brightness button so I lightened it. Works fine now".

I seem to recall past threads referring to similar issues but failed to find them in a search.

For what its worth, the software was updated to LH3.9 in May, the unit is not exposed to the elements and it probably is not currently connected to a good RF ground.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-19, 04:59 AM
RE: Axiom Pro 9 RVX erratic screen and uninitiated Shutdown
Hello JPA,

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds as if your friend may have a rotary-encoder/trackpad problem. I don't think it's related to software. I would suggest getting it checked by the supplying dealer, the nearest Raymarine Service Dealer (tick Certified Installation to see service dealers) or our Service centre in Sydney.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply