Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions about AIS on legacy C120
07-22-19, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 03:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Questions about AIS on legacy C120
On my C120, I'm running f/w 5.16 and have 2 questions:
1. I'm driving AIS with a Standard Horizon GX2150 radio. Almost everything works perfectly: see targets, ais list... Qhe question: I don't see virtual ais targets like mmsi 993692036. If I connect a pc to the 2150 38,400 baud output and bring up OpenCPN, I see 6 or so similar virtual targets. What I suspect, the c120 is not displaying 99X mmsi targets. Can you think of anything I can try or look into?

2. In using my GX2150 to drive ais on my c120, I can see myself as I transmit ais class b with a em-trak b100 transceiver. Much of the time I see a ghost image of myself along with my boat name, what I expect. Then, at random times, all boat names disappear and all I see are mmsi numbers. This is after hours of everything being on. It looks like I lose static data but continue to see real time ais data. After random times, boat names re-show up in AIS LIST. Any idea why names disappear?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-19, 03:20 PM
RE: [CA11] Questions about AIS on legacy C120
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Norm,

Q1. I don't see virtual ais targets like mmsi 993692036.
A1. The C-Series Classic MFDs were among Raymarine's early product to support AIS. However, AIS AToNs (99) were not among the AIS objects supported by C-Series Classic MFD software.

Q2. At random times, all boat names disappear and all I see are mmsi numbers. This is after hours of everything being on. It looks like I lose static data but continue to see real time ais data. After random times, boat names re-show up in AIS LIST. Any idea why names disappear?
A2. I haven't heard of this issue before, but it may be related to the MFD displaying ownship target information. Should you also own the em-trak transceiver, then I would recommend that you consider interfacing the em-trak transceiver to the MFD rather than the GX2150. Doing so will eliminate plotting own vessel and may also address this symptom.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply