Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] E7 radar overlay
07-09-19, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 10:32 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] E7 radar overlay
I turned on my radar and enabled the radar overlay, however, it does not show up over charting. I also noted that despite being turned on, the wind and current vectors simultaneously disappeared.

Please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-19, 10:47 AM
RE: [LW11] E7 radar overlay
Dear dcneuro,

Thank you for your post.

What version of Lighthouse 2 is installed on the E7?
What radar have you got networked to the E7? Is it a wireless radar or a hard wired radar?

The system must be receiving COG data from a GPS source and must be making way by at least 2 knots or a heading sensor needs to be interfaced to get the radar overlay. If none of these are present the radar overlay will not be available.

Vectors cannot be displayed if there is no heading data or speed over the ground, including the wind arrow and tide arrows.

Many Thanks
Louise
07-29-19, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-19 07:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The radar unit is what came as a package deal Along with the e7 approximately 5-6 years ago when it was first introduced. Even if I’m not using the radar, I am no longer seeing the vectors for Wind and current. I turned the heading vector off as I also have problems when I set the presentation for heading up as it doss not present data with the heading up. I’ve been forced to use North up because it’s the only one that seems to work. The other views seem to have a mind of their own and do not present what they say that they’re presenting.
07-31-19, 05:04 AM
Dear dcneuro,

Thank you for your post.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'I turned the heading vector off as I also have problems when I set the presentation for heading up as it doss not present data with the heading up'?

Can you send a screenshot in to us of the issues you are seeing on the screen?

What revision of Lighthouse 2 have you installed on the e7? HOMESCREEN> SETUP>MAINTENANCE>DIAGNOSTICS> here will be a list of products and their SW revisions.

What is the source of your heading data? Autopilot? Smart heading sensor?

Can you send a system diagram in of your installation?

Many Thanks
Louise
08-04-19, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-19 08:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I attached a picture. I have tide and wind vectors enabled. Length is infinite.
08-08-19, 02:29 AM
Dear dcneuro,

Thank you for your post.

The image you have sent displays your COG vector, to enable radar overlay and head up/ course up the vessel will need to be underway by at least 2 knots. These functions will then be enabled.

Without a heading source none of these functions will be available when stationary. Not having heading data will also affect your wind and tide data as the MFD has no data to calculate with.

Heading data is normally supplied by the compass on the autopilot or a smart heading sensor installed on the network, have you either of these to provide heading data to the network?

Many Thanks
Louise
08-08-19, 10:21 AM
Interestingly, the autopilot is malfunctioning. I have a new evo going in next week. Also, the speed on my wind instrument is malfunctioning as a bird lost my wind cups. I usually leave the heading line on, which is the one that is simply a straight line ahead of the boat icon. I usually leave the other one off which is the corrected heading vector. So long as one is on it should show all yes? I only noticed the problem recently.

While I have your attention my mechanic asked if I want to replace all of the instruments while he is in there. Any thoughts on this? The depth and wind direction are working currently, (ST60), the speed doesn't work which I presume is from algae overgrowth in our bay. The autopilot is the st4000 which is malfunctioning as I said, new evo next week.

Thanks for considering.
08-12-19, 03:28 PM
As you can see in this pic, we were doing over 2k. I should have all new instruments installed this week. Let's see if that changes the input from the faulty auto helm.
08-15-19, 03:24 AM
Dear dcneuro,

The radar icon states 'no scanner', can you confirm that the radar is operating in the radar application?

When you see 'no scanner', the system is not seeing a radar.

Many Thanks
Louise
08-16-19, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-19 07:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The radar works but I did not have it on for those pictures. I rarely use it in fact. The one time I did is when this all started, back to my original post. I could not overlay the radar over the chart plotter, Rather I had to keep going in and out from one to the other. It was at that time that I noticed that my tide, wind and current vectors disappeared.